Breast Augmentation - Mammoplasty
The chest defines the female silhouette and part of her sensuality. When the natural size of the breasts is less than adequate for our proportions or when they lose firmness, breast augmentation helps us recover the silhouette with a harmonic shape.
Mammoplasty or breast augmentation is a surgical procedure in which the size of the breast is enlarged and a more flattering breast is achieved. With the placement of breast prostheses, we can restore the lost volume, improve the shape of the chest or get breasts of the same size between them.
Dr. Felipe Galiano and his team will be by your side before, during and after the plastic surgery you have.
Increase the size and firmness of the breasts.
The surgical intervention lasts between 2 and 3 hours.
Final results visible in 6 months.
Discomfort in the days following the operation.
What does the surgery consist of?
Breast augmentation consists of inserting an implant through an incision under the groove of the chest, the edge of the areola or the armpit. The implant is placed under the pectoral muscle or behind the mammary gland, depending on the case of each patient. It is not necessary or convenient to change the prostheses. It is not true that they explode, there is only a very small percentage that encapsulation occurs, which can be solved without further complications.
There are two possibilities where to place the implant:
Submuscular: gives a better appearance, a natural breast without a "ball" shape, generating less contracture.
Subglandular: Indicated in bodybuilders, it hurts less, but generates a higher degree of contracture.
What age is indicated to do it?
Once growth is complete.
What types of implants can be placed?
- Of physiological serum.
- Silicone gel.
What is the type that is most placed? Do any of them pose health problems?
In most European countries and in the USA silicone gel ones are placed.
Currently, there is no serious scientific study that has shown an association between silicone gel and breast carcinomas or autoimmune diseases.
Where is the implant inserted?
There are several access routes for the placement of the prosthesis:
- Periareolar route
- Trans-solar route
- Auxiliary way
Where is the implant placed? What differences are there?
There are two possibilities:
- Submuscular: Better appearance, natural breast without "ball" shape, less contracture.
- Subglandular: Indicated in bodybuilders, it hurts less, a higher degree of contracture.
What anesthesia is used? Is hospitalization necessary?
The intervention is performed with general anesthesia, requiring a day of hospitalization.
Will there be any signs of the operation?
It can be said that there were no visible signs of the operation.
Can you make a "normal" life in everything? How long does it take?
After a recovery period of 2 weeks, completely normal life can be achieved.
Should we change the prostheses? Is it true that they can explode?
In principle, surgeons do not consider it necessary or convenient. Not true, only in a very small percentage does encapsulation occur that can be resolved without further complications.
How can it affect sensitivity? What about breastfeeding?
After a short period, the degree of sensitivity returns to normal. Breastfeeding is not usually affected. what results can be expected? Unbeatable results perfectly correct the problem.
Small breast, without sagging or with moderate sagging.
Blood tests, electrocardiograms, and mammography.
2 days before, depilation of arreola and armpits.
From 1 to 2 hours.
- Inside the mammary areola.
- In the armpit.
- On the bottom.
- Certain edema. There may be bruising (purple discoloration) on the bottom or side of the breast.
- Some discomfort when moving the arms, which disappears spontaneously after a few days.
- There is no bandage: just a bra and a small plastic dressing on the areola.
- Absorbable points (do not have to be removed).
- 1 day: You can shower or bathe (synthetic dressing unalterable to water).
- For 1 week do not raise your arms.
- For 1 month wear a sports bra.
- Do not make violent efforts or sports.
- Protect scars from the sun.
- Surprising immediately.
- Satisfactory shape and size in the 2nd month.
- Maintains sensuality.
- It allows lactation in the case of pregnancy.
- It does not prevent clinical examinations (palpation, mammograms, etc.).