Tummy Tuck - Abdomen Reduction
The abdomen area undergoes large changes in size when we lose weight sharply or after pregnancy. With the tummy tuck or surgery of the abdomen, we recover the shape of a flat and firm belly. Abdominal surgery is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen area.
Tummy tuck surgery is a surgery that recovers a flat stomach and recovers the shape of the silhouette. The abdomen, in both men and women, is one of the areas where more fat accumulates and is more difficult to eliminate. This operation allows elimination the of excess skin and fat and at the same time strengthens the muscles of the abdominal area.
Dr. Felipe Galiano and his team will be by your side before, during and after the plastic surgery you have.
Definition and smoothness of the abdomen area.
The surgical intervention lasts between 3 and 4 hours.
The final result is visible in about 12 months.
Some inflammation in the intervened area.
What does the surgery consist of?
The unsightly deformations of the abdomen affect the skin, adipose tissue, the muscular apparatus or several of these structures at the same time.
With this intervention, the abdomen recovers its volume and natural shape. It is an intervention to dry the excess skin and abdominal fat and restore normal tension in the muscular wall of the abdomen. It is not an intervention intended to lose weight, so it is convenient to achieve an ideal approximate weight before it.
The abdominoplasty is made up of two phases:
Liposuction: liposuction is performed in the abdomen area to remove accumulated fat
Restructuring: the skin of the abdominal area is subsequently restructured to achieve a flattering result.
Who is it recommended for?
Surgery of the abdomen is recommended for women and men who have accumulations of fat in the abdomen and sagging skin in the area. It is very useful in the case of women after pregnancy or in men and women who have reduced large amounts of weight and are very close to their ideal weight.
There are several types of deformations in the abdominal area:
- Hanging abdomen: It is the most frequent. Excess skin of adipose panniculus that forms a fold that can become a true skin apron. These are generally obese individuals who have undergone weight loss treatments.
- Globular or protruding abdomen: The abdomen is bulky, protruding, and usually has an adipose panniculus. The abdominal muscles are distended, but not flabby.
- Post-pregnancy abdomen: It is the most frequent cause in the aesthetic alterations of the abdomen. It can be a fatty abdomen with excess skin and a flat abdomen with stretch marks.
- Fatty abdomen: Excess fat tissue without relaxation or skin folds. Good quality leather, without stretch marks.
What kind of anesthesia is used? Do you need hospitalization?
Abdominoplasty is performed under general anesthesia and hospitalization is from 1 to 2 days. Epidural anesthesia may also be used and the period of hospitalization may be shorter (medical judgment).
How is the intervention?
It is an operation of approximately 2 hours, in which all the excess skin between the navel and the pubis is removed, the rectus abdominis muscles are approached and the skin is then stretched to close it in the pubis.
Are there any signs of the operation?
There are no signs in visible areas. Due to the very low position of the incisions, the possible signs remain under the bikini or, where appropriate, the swimsuit.
How long does it take to be able to lead a "normal" life after a tummy tuck?
Depending on the type of activity that is carried out (sedentary) without sudden movements, incorporation into daily life could be within 1 week to 10 days.
Can it be done to a man?
Similarly. Furthermore, combined with frank liposuction, it offers an excellent result.
What results can be expected?
A considerable reduction of the "excess" abdomen and, therefore, an extraordinary improvement in appearance and figure. It does not modify the possibility of subsequent pregnancies. If there are no modifications of very large weight sizes, the results will be lasting.
- Dropped abdomen (after pregnancy).
- Hanging abdomen (due to weight loss).
- Infraumbilical stretch marks.
Blood tests and electrocardiograms.
A few days before, you should avoid the sun in the area and reduce tobacco consumption.
General or epidural Incisions: Horizontal in the abdomen, very low.
Abdominal elastic bandage, replaced by girdle upon discharge from hospital. Semi-sitting position in bed during hospital admission. Plastic dressing over the incisions.
Removed after 7 - 15 days
- 6 days: You can shower or bathe (synthetic water-resistant dressing).
- 3 weeks: Avoid standing too long. It is advisable to walk moderately.
- 1 month: You must wear an abdominal belt.
- Highly satisfactory: it acts on oily skin and the abdominal muscular wall.
- No problem for later pregnancy.
- Maintain results: control sudden variations in weight.