Chest lift - Mastopexy
The chest tends to lose firmness and a sudden loss of weight or breastfeeding can increase your sagging. Breast lift surgery recovers the proper shape of the breasts by returning a harmonious silhouette to the female torso. Breast lift or mastopexy is a correction of sagging breasts, recovers breast firmness and improves the patient's neckline.
In addition to falling, the chest can lose its natural volume, in this case, a prosthesis can be placed in the same procedure. Mastopexy can also reduce the size of the areola when it is very large.
Dr. Felipe Galiano and his team will be by your side before, during and after the plastic surgery you have.
Recovery of breast shape.
The surgical intervention lasts between 2 and 3 hours.
Final results visible in 6 months.
Slight discomfort in the postoperative week.
What does the surgery consist of?
It is an intervention similar to that of breast reduction and is carried out in those cases in which the breast, without being excessively large in volume, has suffered a significant fall. Breast lift surgery consists of making inverted T-shaped incisions in the lower chest area. The tissue is restructured in the same way in both breasts and the areola is relocated in its proper position, achieving a lifting effect.
What causes is the fall of the chest?
There are several causes of breast sagging:
- Constitution factors.
- Breast shape (a prominent, narrow-based breast will descend more than a broad-based, rounded breast).
- The volume of the breast.
- Skin relaxation (age, post-pregnancy, large and rapid weight loss).
What type of anesthesia is used? Is hospitalization necessary?
General anesthesia is used and hospitalization is 24 hours.
Will there be any signs of the chest lifting and shaping operation?
After a certain time, there will be a line that, due to its location, will be invaluable.
How long does it take to be able to lead a "normal" life?
Approximately between 10 and 15 days.
How can it affect sensitivity? and breastfeeding?
After the passage of the first days, the degree of sensitivity returns to normal. As for breastfeeding, the intervention does not usually affect it.
What results can be expected?
The attainment of high and firm breasts (remember that this operation can and sometimes must be combined with breast augmentation) that can last for many years, always depending on the type of skin, the type of breast of the weight changes, etc.
Saggy breast and without excessive volume.
Blood tests, electrocardiogram, and mammography.
2 days before waxing of the areola and armpits.
From 2 to 3 hours.
In the lower part and submammary groove.
- Some discomfort when moving the arms that disappear spontaneously in a few days.
- There is no bandage. Just a light bra and a small plastic dressing over the incisions.
- Points: They are removed in 5 to 7 days.
- In 2 days you can shower or bathe (unalterable water dressing).
- For 1 week do not raise your arms.
- For 1 month wear a sports bra.
- Do not make violent efforts or sports.
- Protect scars from the sun.
- Breast modeling (shape and size).
- In the event of a subsequent pregnancy, there may be lactation.
- It does not prevent clinical examinations (palpation, mammograms, etc).
- If there is not an adequate volume of the gland, the augmentation implant is suggested in the same procedure.